In addition to the Forge Motorsport PolarCooler range, here we have the top mount replacement charge cooler and expansion tank for the BMW MSport S55 Engine.
The charge cooler features all-aluminum construction that overcomes all the issues relating to plastic end tank splitting, failure at high boost and leaks between the core and end tanks with end tank seal failure. The end tanks are fabricated using high precision laser cut sheet metal panels which are TIG welded by hand for maximum strength and durability.
Designed and manufactured at Forge Motorsport HQ in Gloucestershire, England, we utilized our Solidworks CAD design system to assist in the creation, modification, CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) analysis, and optimization of this innovative charge cooler. Three different core constructions were evaluated during the development process. The final design of a bar and plate core far outperformed the other two alternatives. In doing this, the Forge Motorsport development engineers have made a quadruple pass design, allowing the water to flow through four passes of the cooler which improves the cooling efficiency beyond any other products currently on the market.
Unique to the market, the Forge BMW M3/M4 S55 Chargecooler system uses an expansion tank rather than a header tank like the OEM system. There is a filler cap located at the highest point on the Chargecooler allowing you to be sure that the charge is 100% full of coolant with no air pockets. This maximizes the efficiency of the heat rejection of the coolant within the Chargecooler water jacket.
- As part of Forge Motorsport’s strict quality control process, each charge cooler unit is carefully inspected and pressure tested to 4BAR before despatch.
- Located on the outlet tank of the charge cooler there is also a 1/8 NPT port ready for water/methanol injection if required.
- Offering over 71% increase in volume and over 42% increase of frontal area.
- In hot climate testing, constant dyno runs showed significantly lower inlet temperatures compared with the stock system and an increase in power of up to 20BHP.
- 1x Chargecooler unit
- 1x Expansion tank with sight glass
- 1x Expansion tank cap
- 1x Small radiator cap
- 1x Billet radiator cap cover
- 1x Billet blanking cap
- 1x 1/8 NPT Grub screw
- 7x M6x12mm Allen cap bolts
- 7x 6mm washers
- 1x M8x20mm Allen cap bolt
- 1x 8mm washer
- 1x M8 Nyloc nut
- 3x 8-16mm Hose clamps
- 1 x 8mm ID Vacuum hose x 170mm
- 1x 8mm ID Vacuum hose x 750mm
M2 COMPETITION, M3 & M4
Forge Motorsports lifetime warranty
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
We offer worldwide shipping on all products.
If upon receiving your product you wish to return it, we offer a 30-day returns policy. For our in-depth returns information please follow the link. "R44 Returns Policy"